Boxing superstar and now Philippine Senator Emmanuel "Manny" Pacquiao is already contented with his life as a politician of the Philippines. He is one of the latest elected senators by winning at least more than 16 million votes and eventually ranked as top 7 overall. Manny is now busy arranging his schedule as a senator while he currently sets numerous projects to fund several organizations as one of his responsibilities.
Another senator reportedly told the media that Manny Pacquiao is asking if he is eligible to fight again in the future. The response to the boxing superstar is that he can compete during the day when the senate sessions are off. As a senator, there is a big responsibility that they should face in order to ensure that their duties are always fulfilled without messing up with the law as well as to the general public. Being a senator offers a great responsibility as they are representing the legislative division of the government by planning, deliberating, and passing a law that brings a beneficial effect on the society.
|Philippine Senator and boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao|
Manny is the only boxer with eight world-division championship titles who fought and defeated several international boxing superstars from other parts of the world. He is considered one of the greatest boxers of all time that hails from the Philippines. Pacquiao became a superstar after winning several titles such as being the first to win lineal championships. He is the third boxing champion to win the "glamour divisions" in boxing history, which are the flyweight, welterweight, and featherweight divisions.
Manny Pacquiao was regarded as the second highest paid athlete in 2015. In 2000, he was awarded as the fighter of the decade for beating high profile boxing champions unexpectedly. Most sporting analysts consider him as one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world such as ESPN, sport illustrator, CNN sports, Yahoo sports, and several sports magazine. However in 2016, Emmanuel "Manny" or "Pacman" Pacquiao recently retired as a boxer after winning the fight with Timothy Bradly.
Lucky 7 reasons why Boxing superstar and Senator Manny Pacquiao should return to boxing
1. He is a natural born boxer: Once a boxer will be always a boxer. Manny Pacquiao was born to be a champion in the field of boxing. He fielded his hand and yielded his body against boxing opponents to ensure that he remains as the best pound for pound boxing superstar in the world. His new career as a Senator of the Philippines cannot stop him craving to fight again in the future if his schedule and permission will allow him to do so.
2. Manny is in deep debt: The Bureau of Internal Revenue filed several tax evasion charges against Manny Pacquiao to comply with the taxation regulations of the Philippines for fighting for an international bout. He has a pending legal and criminal case filed by the BIR, requiring him to pay hundreds of millions of dollars worth of fines that can be taken from his assets being won from his previous boxing matches in several foreign international rings.
3. Pacman still has the chance to qualify for the Olympics: In the world of sports, a professional boxer can have the chance to compete in Olympics, bannering their country of origin to bring home several medals for their country. Many Pacquiao might be the hope for the Philippines to win its first ever gold medal for the upcoming Olympics that will be held in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil this August. If this happens, the Philippines will have a very high hope to finally grab its first-ever gold for the glory of the nation.
4. Pacquiao has an unfinished business with Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao is still not recovered against his last bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Boxing promoters can arrange another boxing bout for him and Floyd in the near future. Boxing analysts still expect that A Pacquiao versus Mayweather will again make a hit in the future. Since Floyd is also planning to return to the ring, Manny can be his first opponent even if both are retired from the boxing ring.
5. He is still fit to continue his boxing career: Manny Pacquiao was born on December 17, 1978, at the age of 37. This means that he is still young enough to face his foes in the ring. As a boxing superstar, his agility and stamina are strong enough to bring more knockouts against his opponents as he made it before retiring from his boxing career. Manny is still physically healthy and may just need health conditioning for a short period of time before reentering the boxing ring with his new opponents.
6. There are more projects that still needs funds: Manny Pacquiao's previous winning bouts made him financially capable of supporting humanitarian, technical, and scholarships to various groups, individuals, and organizations up to this day. This means that he should still have to continue his career as a boxer because he should continue funding his current causes to prevent problems in the future. They need a continuous fund so that they can continue their cause that serves as an instrument for the community to grow.
7. People need a superstar boxer to lead next generation of boxers: Manny Pacquiao is already a legend in the history of Philippine boxing. Next generation of boxers needs him because they want a true and living leader to motivate. As a young boxer, they need a true and experienced leader who can bring more inspiration to instill additional skills, knowledge, and determination to continue their boxing career. As a living legend, his words of wisdom empowers the minds of younger generation to dream of becoming a new boxer and probably a possible next generation of boxing legends in the future.