Cooking a homemade recipe is a thing that a person should always consider whenever they want to transform their environment into a productive household. There are simple condiments that are always available to help you make new recipes so that tasters will have an enjoyable delight at home. Initiating a homemade meal will not only entice your housemates for having a mate to prepare a delicious food to eat. But this is also important to improve the skill in the field of culinary arts because you are about to create a meal that enables other individuals to improve your meal.
Chicken teriyaki is one of the most anticipated homemade recipes that you can make at home without using complex condiments. This is because you will not expect that some of the simplest condiments you can find at home are the actual ingredients of chicken teriyaki. Preparing a chicken teriyaki is easy for as long as you always follow the right procedure for you to achieve a desirable meal after cooking the food that you want to prepare and serve it to your loved ones or guests. Just don't forget to prepare all needed ingredients and cooking utensils that you need before making your plan to make your meal memorable with other individuals at home. Or perhaps, you can make a meal for yourself just to try something new.
|Homemade Glazed chicken with teriyaki|
Basing from the name, Chicken teriyaki obviously originated from Japan. Basing from the term "Teriyaki", it is a Japanese cuisine wherein the main dish will be glazed using a soy sauce blended with sweets and spices. Since the main dish in this article's discussion is all about chicken teriyaki, it will be using a teriyaki sauce that will glaze the chicken with a mixture of soy sauce blended with sugar, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, and other sweeteners. Usually, the chicken is fried first before it will be glazed with a secret recipe that makes up a teriyaki sauce depending on the cook who will prepare and serve the food.
Teriyaki can be classified into different types of food dish. Since it is based on a mixture of sweetened soy sauce, you can create a variety of teriyaki recipes. The most common and the famous of them all is the chicken teriyaki recipe. Other recipes are pork and beef teriyaki dishes that is usually served in breading to allow the coated teriyaki sauce to blend with the skin of the main ingredient. For seafood, teriyaki is often applied on shrimps that were breaded with breadcrumbs and then coated with egg. In some cases, teriyaki is also experimented to vegetable dish to create an unusual food recipe.
- Chicken cuts as the main ingredient (Either thigh, breast, drumstick, wings)
- Breading mix
- 1 liter of vegetable oil for deep fry
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (orange, lime, or any citrus fruit)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Onion spring
- Sesame seeds
Procedure for cooking the fried chicken
- Mix the breading together and then place it in a pan for breading the chicken cuts.
- Coat the chicken cuts with breading until it appears to be entirely powdery on the outside.
- After coating all the chicken cuts, place them in a plate for frying.
- Place the wok in the pan.
- Fill the pan with 1 liter of vegetable oil
- Heat the oven by turning on the burner flame.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes until the vegetable oil slightly boils.
- Slowly dip the coated chicken cuts to the boiling vegetable oil.
- Deep fry for at least 15 to 20 minutes until the skin becomes golden brown
- After frying all the breaded chicken, place them in a plate.
- Empty the frying pan by placing the vegetable oil to another container.
Procedure for making a teriyaki sauce
- Heat the frying pan into the oven for 5 minutes
- Combine the ingredients (Soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/2 cup of orange or lime juice)
- Mix them thoroughly until it becomes a viscous fluid
- Let it boil for 5 minutes to mix all ingredients well
- Make a taste test if it is not too sweet, not too bitter in taste
- Your teriyaki sauce is now ready to be glazed
Procedure for glazing the fried chicken with teriyaki sauce
- Pour the fried chicken cuts to the pan with boiling teriyaki glaze
- Slowly mix the chicken cuts to properly glaze it with teriyaki sauce.
- Place the glazed chicken with teriyaki sauce in a large container
- Cut the spring onions and then sprinkle to the glazed fried chicken
- Serve it to your loved ones and guests for lunch or dinner.