Australia is now celebrating until this hour because of one person who successfully defeated a living legend. Australian boxing underdog Jeff Horn challenged the mighty legend Manny Pacquiao and eventually won after a unanimous decision by the judges of the fight. Horn became ecstatic as he elevated the pride of Australians in the field of boxing. After winning, Horn is very happy that he beat one of the world's greatest icons in boxing. During the after-match interviews, Horn indicated that he wants to challenge another boxing legend, which is Floyd Mayweather from the United States. Jeff Horn is also open for a rematch if requested by the camp of Manny Pacquiao sometime in the future.
The judge's scores were 117 to 111, 115 to 113, and 115 to 113. Horn was then declared as the winner of the match. Jeff Horn now currently have 17 wins, zero losses, and 1 knockout after his match with boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao. This means that Manny has stripped one of his titles, giving it to Jeff Horn as the new WBO Welterweight champion of the world. Boxing enthusiasts thought that Manny Pacquiao will win the match against Horn. Unfortunately, the result of the match disappointed Manny Pacquiao, especially in his home country where tens of thousands of Filipinos took to live-streaming media to support their fellow compatriot.
|Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn|
After the conclusion of the event, sports analysts were skeptical about the final statistics of the punch stats between the athletes. For Manny Pacquiao, he gained at least 32% of total punches while Horn has 15%. Punches that were thrown by Manny is 573 while Horn has more with 625. Manny landed 182 punches against 92 for Horn. Manny had 31% Jabs while Horn has 10%. Manny had at least 32% power punches while Horn has 17%. Sports analysts are wondering how judges weighed in the real score to determine the winning player of the match at the conclusion of the event.
Despite the loss, Manny Pacquiao is very thankful for having the opportunity to fight against his successful challenge, Jeff Horn. Despite from losing his latest fight against Horn, Manny Pacquiao indicated that he respects the decision of the judges because their decisions are made in a professional manner in a live-events and one of the largest boxing matches in the field of sports. It is not clear if the camp of Manny Pacquiao will set for a rematch against Jeff Horn. Manny Pacquiao is not a neophyte when it comes to boxing rematch because he has had previous boxing matches with other international boxing legends from around the world.
*READ: Lucky 7 Reasons why Manny Pacquiao should return to the ring
Follow us on Facebook for more updates: PHILIPPINE TRENDS AND NEWS
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: THE TRENDING FACTS
Watch the video presentation
5 Reasons why Manny Pacquiao lose to Jeffrey Horn?
1. Manny Pacquiao is a politician: Emmanuel Pacquiao is an incumbent senator of the Philippines after winning a seat during the 2016 National Elections in May. His position as a senator may have affected his boxing career. As a senator of the Philippines, he has to fulfill his duties and responsibilities that might consume his time to concentrate on his boxing career. Months after winning the election, Manny Pacquiao was requested by his colleagues to pledge his dedication on giving more time on serving the public that was not fulfilled because he attended previous matches.
*READ: Boxing sports superstar Manny Pacquiao is now a Philippine Senator
2. Age Factor: It is understandable that as a person ages, the physical and physiological change that can be observed in the body. Manny Pacquiao is already 38 years old, which is almost a decade older than Jeff Horn, which is just 29. Age does really matter in the field of sports because coaches prefer younger athletes than older athletes because they are faster, quick thinker, and easy to train. Unlike older athletes, they already earned the pride and attitude that makes them harder to train and regain their strength during intensive training before their match or event.
3. Manny Pacquiao is a living legend: With 8 belt titles under his name before the fight, Manny Pacquiao is regarded as the most successful boxing superstar in the world today. Even if he lost one title by giving his WBO Welterweight title to Jeffrey Horn, he still holds at least 7 belt titles under his name. As a living legend, what more can he ask for, now that he is the living boxing icon in the field of sports? His legacy carved the boxing society around the world for successfully beating other international boxing superstars during his time before being elected as a senator of the Philippines.
*READ: 5 Reasons why Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather could set up a rematch
4. The act of sincerity to the match: There were numerous observations about Manny Pacquiao's character before the fight. Even Jeffrey Horn was disappointed for Manny's frequent tardiness during conferences. Media presenters will have to wait for Manny Pacquiao before they start their program in some events, which is later than the scheduled activities for media presentation as well as to advertise the event to the world. Another issue was about his texting behavior while in front of the media and host, which is regarded by some to be unethical and regarded to be taking the event for granted.
5. Confidence issue: Manny Pacquiao has had many experiences, dealing with different local and international fighters from all over the world. He had more than two decades of boxing experience since he was on his early teenagers. Through his achievements, he may have taken his confidence a little bit more than the expected outcome. The issue of underestimating competitors sometimes creates an overconfidence factor that could risk the main legend into swallowing his pride when he will unexpectedly lose the match.
*With the controversy after the match, will this be a sign that Manny should already hang up his gloves and donate it to the museums? This is because after all, he is a living boxing legend that the Philippines should be proud of despite losing his recent match. Manny Pacquiao's latest matches have been observed to be rigged with scoring controversies with his past competitors. The question is, will he still fight again?