If you're thinking of preparing and serving an Asian food cuisine, you always need to consider a staple food in order to make your dish exciting. This includes considering about fried rice recipe that can be added with the main and side course. Food preparation can become more exciting and amusing if you are going to spice some of your recipes that can further satisfy your palate. A fried rice is an important menu because it contains a mixture of rice and a viand, which makes your meal tastier whenever you will dine with your loved one or friends.
Fried rice recipe is one of the most favored dishes to any household that you encounter either at home or to restaurants that you visit in your community. This is because it contains numerous ingredients that people wants to put it in their watery mouth. Fried rice recipe is a combination of other dishes that are mixed within the rice, which will be added with more flavor so that it will look more enticing for anyone who wants to have a taste of this delicious recipe. As a home maker, you will be able to design the food that you will prepare for as long as you will be able to impress others with your home cooking skills.
|A delicious fried rice served at lunchtime|
Fried rice have a variety of recipes depending on the country that can be found all over Asia. This includes vegetarian inspired fried rice, spicy rice, and meat based fried rice. In western countries, fried rice is already prepared, packed and then sold to retail markets that are ready to cook a dish to save time and effort. Fried rice dish is also gaining popularity as a street food in the Western African region.
This delicious dish can be served in either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A person considers eating fried rice to be enough to be their meal. This is because all ingredients are already mixed all together in one preparation that are packed with essential nutrients and calories to energize their day. Fried rice can be mixed with other dishes such as other varieties of viands.
What you need:
- Frying pan (preferably a wok).
- Stove (either portable or traditional)
- Wooden spatula
- Large plate or bowl
- 3 or 4 cups of steamed rice (can be either newly steamed or left-over rice).
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- 1/2 cup of diced meat variety (any choice of pork, chicken, or fish meat varieties).
- 1/8 cup of cooking oil (vegetable oil is preferred for a healthier meal).
- 1 or 2 scrambled eggs.
- 1/4 cup of sweet peas or green peas.
- 1/4 cup of diced vegetable (any choice such as basil, celery, cabbage, Chinese cabbage).
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder (for a spicy taste).
- 1/8 teaspoon of herbs and spice varieties (peppermint, pepper, thyme, etc.).
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (only for garnishing purposes).
- A pinch of sugar or sugar syrup (if you want to add a sweeter taste).
- Cooked seafood varieties (shrimp, clams, squid, octopus, seaweeds, and etc).
- Start heating the stove by switching the igniter to allow the fire to come out, place the wok or the pan, and then wait for a minute or until the pan will start to become hot.
- Pour the 1/8 cup of cooking oil into the pan and then wait for at least 10 to 20 seconds.
- Pour 1 or 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and then mix thoroughly for at least between 15 to 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup of diced meat variety and mix it thoroughly.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sweet peas and wait for another 30 seconds.
- Pour 1 or 2 scrambled eggs and then start to mix it thoroughly for at least 1 minute.
- Pour 1/4 cup of diced vegetable variety and mix it thoroughly for 30 seconds.
- Pour 3 or 4 cups of steamed rice and then mix it until all ingredients blends altogether.
- Add a pinch of salt in order to improve the taste of the dish.
- You can mix the optional ingredients and simultaneously mix it.
- Place the finished product into an empty large bowl or large plate and you are now ready to serve the meal to your companions.
- Fried rice should be eaten after it has been cooked because it contains numerous ingredients that are easily spoiled. Thus, this food can easily expire even if you store it inside the refrigerator.
- Patients undergoing liquid or soft diet.
- Individuals who are inserted with a naso-gastric feeding tube.