In this post, we will be discussing a simple way on how to make a French Toast, which is one of the simplest breakfast item that we consumer every breakfast. When we think of a French Toast item, we usually think of a flat bread that is dipped with an egg that is mixed with milk or other important recipe that makes it appear tasty to satisfy our palatine sensorium. Even if you are not a well-awarded chef or a cook, you can still make this particular recipe without the need to obtaining a degree or a certificate in culinary arts.
A French Toast recipe is simple because you do not have to use numerous ingredients in order to prepare a breakfast meal. This is because you only need an egg with other mixtures of dairy products that will be used for the bread to be dipped before you are going to fry it in the pan. With this particular process, you can be able to learn how to do making a French Toast at home without the assistance of other individuals. After learning this process, you will become proud that learning is always fun to be with at all times, especially when making a French Toast at home.
|A tasty French toast breakfast meal|
History of French Toast: During the 4th century CE (Current Era after the death of Christ), French toast has been already practiced by early Latin countries such as in Balkan Peninsula, Italy, and in Iberian peninsula that is now known as Italy, Greece, and Spain. Early manuscripts retrieved from these areas reveals that this is a simple household recipe that states about a bread that is soaked in milk products. it means that this period, milk was initially used for the bread to be soaked that is referred to as a sweet bread recipe.
At the end of the Roman and Byzantine era, the culinary tradition was adapted by our medieval ancestors. They referred this simple dish as a bread in liquid sop or soup. During the renaissance period, the emergence of culinary experimentation was further improved by several empires across the European continent. Europeans eventually adapted the dish to be called as French toast. France is known for their omelet dish so they tried to integrate beaten egg with the milk to improve its taste.
Preparation and serving
1. Ingredients (You will need)
- Slices of bread (It can be loaf bread, pita, brown bread, white bread, wheat bread, or any bread)
- A bowl of two beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk (either fresh milk or evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Optional: you may add sliced onion leaves, a pinch of sugar, pinch of salt, cinnamon, or diced bacon/ham to improve your french toast recipe.
- Mix 1/2 of milk with the two beaten eggs in a bowl to make an egg and milk sop
- Soak the sliced bread in a bowl of sop
- Heat the pan for at least 1 to 2 minutes or until the pan becomes hot
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and spread it until it becomes liquid
- Place the dipped sliced bread into the pan and wait for at least one minute or until the dipped sliced bread becomes golden brown
- Flip the bread to cook the other side
- You can re-flip the bread to ensure that the remaining sop inside its body will be perfectly cooked.
- When the sliced bread is already cooked perfectly, place it in a plate
- After placing it in a bed, you can add additional garnish according to your kind of taste
- You can add bits of bacon or small slices of hotdog and sausages
- French Toast can be served with hot tea, coffee, or chocolate to create a perfect breakfast.
Calorie as based from a 2,000 calorie limit to a person for French Toast containing at least 2% milk (this is served per 100 grams of ingested French Toast bread)
- Total calories are amounting to 229.
- A French Toast contains 11 grams of total fat or 16% daily value. (Saturated fat is 2.7 grams, polyunsaturated fat is 2.6, and monounsaturated fat is 4.6 grams respectively)
- Total cholesterol from the dish is at 116 milligrams or 38% of daily value.
- Sodium is 479 milligrams or 19% of daily value.
- Potassium is 134 milligrams or 3% of total value.
- Total carbohydrate is 25 grams or 8% of total value.
- Protein is 8 grams or 16% daily value.
- Vitamin A is 10%
- Vitamin B6 is 5%
- Vitamin B12 is 5%
- Calcium is 10%
- Iron is 9%
- Magnesium is 4%
Enjoy and have a nice meal