The last Filipina to close the batch of 2017 candidates representing the Philippines finally ended with a win. This is a good news for the Philippines since Cynthia made a triumphant win for her country as the first woman to win Miss Eco International 2018. The crowd was cheering for her as they are rooting for the Philippines since she arrived in Egypt to quest for the crown. Cynthia is happy that she made a historical win for this newly organized international beauty pageant so she could become an inspirational woman to the younger generation who wants to follow her footsteps.
Cynthia Thomalla's question, she was asked what is the most important issue for pageants that can bring to every individual and around the globe. Cynthia's winning answer was the most relevant issue that every queen is to raise awareness. This is through the promotion of advocacy. One example is for Miss Eco International's promotion of its advocacy on protecting the environment and having a sustainable tourism. Cynthia relates the advocacy of the environment and sustainable tourism because Miss Eco International is promoting the values of environmental conservation. This is a pageant that aims to promote Mother Earth.
|Miss Eco International 2018 Cynthia Thomalla|
Cynthia Thomalla arrived in Cairo Egypt with a promising dream to become an international beauty queen. She started a bit rough during the course of the competition. This is mainly due to the online controversy that was circulating involving Bea Santiago and Maggie Wilson-Cosunji's comments towards the body of Catriona Gray. Cynthia Thomalla was then linked when she commented with a humor. During the first days of the pageant, Cynthia admitted that she is nervous that it might have an impact on her chances of winning the said pageant. However, she won the pageant and made the country proud.
The pageant is known for its active participation in online visibility. The pageant handlers tapped online voting platform to select some of its favorites for the national costume as well as to let their favorite candidate enter the semifinalist round. Cynthia Thomalia silently became an early favorite when she was called as one of the top 15 semifinalists for the creative costume, resorts wear, and in the talent competition. This means that she will definitely penetrate the top 15 semifinalists during the coronation night. Her charm started to grow and catch the attention of the judges and pageant staff until she clinched the crown for her country.
*READ: What are the chances of Catriona Gray for Miss Universe 2018
6 Reasons why Cynthia Thomalla won Miss Eco International 2018
1. Cynthia prepared herself emotionally. As an inspired pageant hopeful for an international crown, Cynthia prepared herself psychologically. She became calm before even joining the competition. Before joining the competition, Cynthia made a critical decision about joining a national pageant. She planned her destiny, which is one of the few who knows how the play her cards well until winning the title of Miss Eco-International 2018. Cynthia knows who to approach in order to reach her goal as the new winner of the pageant.
2. She trained for several months before the pageant. Cynthia Thomalla is required to undergo an intensive training since before joining a national pageant. After winning a national title, Miss World Philippines-Eco International, she underwent another string of training. Cynthia enrolled in the Kagandahang Flores Camp responsible for chiseling her body and enlightening her mind before participating Miss Eco International. This woman underwent different aspects of training procedures. Examples are Pasarela, question & answering, makeup & styling, posture, communication skills development, diet management, and learning the culture of Egypt.
3. Thomalla took the bashing as her motivation. Cynthia is aware that her name is included in a string of bashings after her friends commented something that made unpleasant reactions from the netizens. The bashing persisted for many weeks that made her concerned about her stint in the pageant. She was advised to stay away from the gravity of social media and took the bashing as her motivation to move on and do her job. The bashing gradually stopped and then she decided to make her move until the bashing became admiration from sensitive netizens. As a result, she won the competition as the first Filipina to win Miss Eco International.
4. Cynthia is from a country with a strong sash factor. Let us admit it, the Philippines is enjoying its golden age of triumphant beauty pageant wins in this second decade of the 21st century. Each year, the Philippines always win a major international beauty pageant crown. This country challenges long-time powerhouse countries such as Venezuela. This is why Cynthia is thankful to represent a country that is well-known for sending beautiful delegates for international beauty pageant competitions. This makes her one of the ladies to beat even before the coronation night.
5. Studied the strengths and weaknesses of other candidates. Cynthia Thomalla knows how to ace her game by identifying who are the strongest candidates in her batch. This is as well identifying which candidates have the weakest performances during the entire competition. She knows how to excel in order to overlap candidates who are already lacking in a certain portion of the competition. However, she successfully conceals her weaknesses to prevent other candidates from noticing her downfall throughout the pageant. As a result, she overpowered the most favored and predicted candidate that made her the ultimate winner.
6. Her national director including the staff has her full support. One of the most alluring responsibility is the presence of the national director who is physically present in order to support a representative. Arnold Vegafria is the current national director of Miss World Philippines who is now responsible for preparing the Philippine delegates before participating an international beauty pageant contest. This is rare for every candidate because some ladies came alone during the pageant with no support from their national directors. Cynthia is blessed to have a team of stylists, sponsors, and fairy god supporters on her way to becoming Miss Eco International 2018.
TOP 21 SEMIFINALISTS
- COSTA RICA
- COSTA RICA
Miss Eco International 2018: PHILIPPINES (Cynthia Magpatoc Thomalla)
First Runner-up: INDONESIA (Astira Vernadeina)
Second Runner-up: VIETNAM (Nguyen Thi Dung)
Third Runner-up: PERU (Kelin Rivera Kroll)
Fourth Runner-up: COSTA RICA (Glennys Medina Segura)
Miss Eco Africa: SOUTH AFRICA (Izelle Jansen Van Vuuren)
Miss Eco Europe: BULGARIA (Lina Carter)
Miss Eco Asia: THAILAND (Natasha Pedersen)
Miss Eco America: UNITED STATES (Jessica Jewel Van Gaalen)
Miss Eco South America: COLOMBIA (Daniel Daza)