Before Rodrigo Duterte announced his decision to run as a candidate for president, the Liberal Party is the largest Political Party of the Republic of the Philippines. Former president Benigno Aquino III was the current head of the Liberal Party during his administration. Months before he will pass his throne to the next winner of the Philippine National Elections, he endorsed Mar Roxas, which he believe to be the rightful successor after stepping down on June 30, 2016. Mar Roxas is one of the five qualified presidential candidates, vying for the position of presidency. Roxas succeeded Benigno Aquino III as the head of Liberal Political Party.
During the course of the electoral period, there were two names that people want to choose as their next president. They are Mar Roxas and Miriam Defensor-Santiago. But then, things shifted when Rodrigo Duterte announced his presidential bid. People started to become impressed with the charm and very phenomenal words of wisdom of Rodrigo Duterte every time he was interviewed by any members of the mass media. All dominating political parties of the Philippines became concerned about the sudden rise of Rodrigo Duterte's Popularity across the archipelago. One of them is the Liberal Political Party that was headed by both former president Benigno Aquino III and presidential candidate Mar Roxas.
|Vice President Leni Robredo on the left is tagged in Lenileaks scandal|
Even before Rodrigo Duterte won the presidency, the Liberal Party has deemed to be the most critical group against him. The members of the Liberal Party have voiced their pride regarding the issue of decency and democracy. When Rodrigo Duterte announced that he will apply his past peace and order rules and regulations in Davao City, the Liberal party went against it. The group of Rodrigo Duterte experienced the most number of criticisms from the Liberal Party. When he won the presidency, there were numerous rallies by the opposition groups who is calling for his resignation. A series of political rallies were organized across the streets of Metro Manila just to express their campaign against Rodrigo Duterte's administration.
At the beginning of 2017, the term "LeniLeaks" has been circulating across social media websites, linking Vice President Office to discredit President Rodrigo Duterte as well as Bong Bong Marcos. Recalling back during the elections, Leni Robredo won the second highest public position, declaring her as the new Vice-President, winning only more or less 200,000 votes against Bong Bong Marcos. Leni ran for a public seat under the Liberal Party of the Philippines. Leni's connection with the Liberal Party is one of the main reasons why she is constantly receiving criticisms by the supporters of the Duterte administration. Things became more complicated when she expressed concerns regarding the current crackdown of the Duterte administration.
*READ: 5 Beneficial Facts when Philippines and Russia decides to strengthen bilateral ties due to Rodrigo Duterte's initiative
Follow our Facebook page for more updates: PHILIPPINE TRENDS AND NEWS
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: THE TRENDING FACTS
5 Interesting Facts about Lenileaks
1. It points toward Vice-President Leni Robredo: By basing it on the name itself, it is obviously pointing out to Vice-President Leni Robredo. But why leaks? There is an information that is all about Leni Robredo that has been circulating in various social media and persons of interest who uncovered something against the Duterte administration. There are intelligence reports from various mass media that the leak has been uncovered towards Leni Robredo's conspiracy theories with outside groups aiming to plan something against President Rodrigo Duterte.
2. Power Struggle: As the past dominating Political Party of the Philippines has now been losing its steam to dominate the political atmosphere in the country, the influence is also fading down. The scramble to maintain their power is very crucial in order to continue their legacy and implement their existing influence to the political integrity of the country. This means that "Lenileaks" has to do something about this situation that seeks to restore the usual power dominance of this particular political party as a way to prevent future power struggle to the society.
*READ: Who will you vote if they run for a Senatorial position, Sarah Duterte or Kris Aquino?
3. The plan to oust Rodrigo Duterte: Lenileaks is regarded as an important proof that there is something that creates a concern with the Duterte administration for any plans to oust Rodrigo Duterte. This means that if Rodrigo Duterte will be ousted, Leni Robredo will take place as the new president of the Philippines. Should the Duterte administration concerned with this issue; however, the opposition groups are also prepared for this particular issue that could cause a concern for the existing government due to their past actions by having the capability to oust an existing head of state similar to the EDSA revolution in 1986.
4. Leni Robredo might become the next president of the Philippines: Lenileaks is also being speculated that they want Leni Robredo to be the president, which is the only possible option if a successful attempt to remove the president is applied. As soon as Leni will replace Rodrigo Duterte, the former dominating political party will restore its dominance as one of their members becomes the head of state of the country. As a president, Leni could also be appointed as the new head of the Liberal Party of the Philippines. Even though Leni Robredo already verbalized that she had no plans of seeing herself as the future president, her allies still want her to become the head of state.
*READ: Miss Dimaluna Tourism 2016 winner Grace Capa's winning answer on extrajudicial execution
5. Conspiracy theories: There are numerous interest groups who are helping the opposition groups to further intensify their campaign to increase their chances of materializing their plans to oust Rodrigo Duterte. These are interest groups from Filipino-American groups, Filipino-European groups, and opposing Filipino-Chinese groups who wants to help opposition groups to further strengthen their power to plan for Duterte administration to scramble. Some groups are very wealthy and are willing to provide financial assistance to make their plan into action. There are also other individuals who are currently from high-ranking government offices who can use their power to help opposition groups to materialize their plans.
Despite from Lenileaks issue, Leni Robredo insists that she did not participate any gatherings that were aimed towards the current Duterte administration. However, her alliances are brave enough to show their defiance against the working president due to the differences in their political belief. Despite from this particular issue, Leni is still hopeful that she will work with the Duterte administration with integrity and dedication.
*READ: 5 Facts why Rodrigo Duterte is Forbes Magazine's top 70th most Powerful leader in the world?