Miss Universe is the most anticipated international beauty pageant in the world with over 85 confirmed candidate this December. The number is expected to rise as there are still major national pageants that are still underway to select their official representatives to compete for the 65th edition of Miss Universe. Since it is just a few weeks before the official pageant competition will kick-off, there are almost one dozen candidates who are expected to make a scene to grace the event. Are you ready to follow and watch the 65th edition of Miss Universe?
The beautiful islands of the Philippines is the official host of Miss Universe 2016 after sponsors and major supporters for the hosting of the pageant have already fulfilled the requirements for Miss Universe Organization. Miss Universe beauty pageant competition will start on the first week of January of 2017. Miss Universe candidates for 2016 will now start to prepare and are also given the time to take a holiday break on during Christmas and New Year breaks before they will be flying to the Philippines. The coronation night of Miss Universe is set to take place on January 30, 2017, which will be held in SM MOA (Mall of Asia) Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
|Miss Universe 2016 top 20 favorites and predictions|
Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach is very happy to crown her successor in her own country after reigning for more than one year since she won last December in 2015. Pia will have a duo hosting with Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina. The two Filipinas are expected to showcase their hospitality abilities to experience a once in a lifetime experience for the delegates to experience the wonders of the Philippines. All participants will travel across the country before, during, and after the course of the pageant competition.
This edition of Miss Universe is the third time that the Philippines will host the most anticipated international beauty pageant in the world. The country hosted previous editions of Miss Universe that was way back in 1974 and 1994. This edition of Miss Universe beauty pageant is considered to be as one of the fiercest and challenging for pageant contestants. This is because there are more than half of all contestants who underwent rigorous trainings and pageantry workshops to increase their chances of becoming Pia's successor. As of now, there are several ladies who are now being monitored by pageant fanatics for having the highest chances of winning the pageant.
*READ: 10 Interesting Facts why Pia Wurtzbach won as Miss Universe 2015
Follow us on Facebook for more updates: PAGEANTS AND NEWS
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: THE TRENDING FACTS
WATCH THE VIDEO PRESENTATION
Miss Universe 2016 top 20 Predictions and Favorites
*READ: Miss World 2016 Top 20 Favorites and predictions
2. BARBADOS (Shannon Harris)
3. BRAZIL (Raissa Santana)
*READ: 7 Interesting Facts on the worth of 7 Grand Slam beauty pageant luxurious crowns
4. CANADA (Siera Bearchell)
5. CHINA (Li Zhenying)
*READ: 6 Beautiful Facts why Kylie Versoza wins Miss International 2016
6. COLOMBIA (Andrea Tovar)
7. COSTA RICA (Carolina Rodriguez)
*READ: Yaritza Reyes wins Miss Dominican Republic World 2016
8. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (Sal Garcia)
9. FRANCE (Iris Mittenaere)
10. INDIA (Roshmita Harimurthy)
*READ: Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty from India wins Miss Supranational 2016
11. INDONESIA (Kezia Warouw)
12. JAMAICA (Isabel Dalley)
*READ: 5 Reasons why Miss Globe 2016 announced Philippines as 3rd-runner-up and South Africa as 4th runner-up late?
13. MALAYSIA (Kiran Jassal)
This neighboring country of the Philippines is still hoping for their second placement in Miss Universe pageant through Kiran Jassal. This candidate is obviously charming with a regal pageant aura. If Miss Universe Organization will announce for an additional special award, she could be the recipient of "Miss Creamsilk" award with her noticeably wavy and smooth hair. Kiran has been training for months to achieve an optimum Miss Universe caliber, which could break the urban legend for Malaysia's long-term denial to penetrate the semi-final's spot.
14. MEXICO (Kristal Silva)
*READ: 7 Imeldific Facts by Imelda Marcos during Miss Universe 1974 beauty pageant
15. NETHERLANDS (Zoey Ivory)
16. PHILIPPINES (Maxine Medina)
*READ: Interesting Transformation of Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina
17. THAILAND (Chalita Suansane)
18. UNITED STATES (Deshauna Barber)
*READ: Deshauna Barber from District of Columbia wins Miss USA 2016 beauty pageant
19. VENEZUELA (Mariam Habach)
20. VIETNAM (Dang Thi Le Hang)
|Dang Thi Le Hang|
*READ: Is the World ready for a transgender to join traditional beauty pageants?
DARK HORSES: Ladies that can replace favorites
- PANAMA: She is an experience delegate, which can make a promising placement if any of the top favorite ladies fail to deliver a stellar performance. The preliminary competition is the only way she could elevate herself to reveal her true competitiveness by hammering her skills in catwalk, poise, and presentation to the audience.
- RUSSIA: This lady is underrated by many. Her unique facial structure makes it interesting for her to utilize it and can maximize as her main weapon to penetrate the semifinals. Watch out for her during the preliminary competition.
- CROATIA: One of the most facially alluring delegates in this year's batch. Her regal beauty can make an advantage to enter the semifinalist round of the competition. Keep in mind that if there are others who did not perform well especially during the preliminaries, this delegate will succeed.
- NICARAGUA: She is fresh, charming, and regal. However, she should show more fierceness and not just about displaying her beauty. If she could materialize all expectations during the course of the pageant, it will not be a surprise if she will out-shadow several favorite delegates in this competition.
- ECUADOR: This Latin American country is also gaining momentum year after year. If she will play her cards well, she can obviously make it to the top. She is trained, prepared, and ready to showcase her pageantry skills to prove that the selected favorites will be out shined.
*READ: Diego Garcy from Mexico wins first ever edition of Mister Supranational 2016