Congratulations to People's Champion Emmanuel "Pacman" Pacquiao for beating Jessie Vargas on November 5, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Manny Pacquiao claimed victory on all three scorecards from the ringside with a score of 118-109, 118-109, 114-113 against Jessie Vargas in 12 rounds via unanimous decision. It is a sweet victory for the fighting senator of the Philippines. The Filipino boxer regained his WBO welterweight title belt after being challenged by Vargas. After winning his last match just recently, it will not be a surprise if Manny Pacquiao will plan for his next bought
After the recent fight with Jessie Vargas, Manny Pacquiao proved to the world that he is still invincible despite from his age. He just won via unanimous decision against his latest boxing match against Jessie Vargas who is 10 years younger than Manny Pacquiao, who has been competing for more than 20 years until today. This shows that despite from his age, Manny Pacquiao is still a formidable boxing superstar in the world. He can still have a couple of years to prepare and face other challenger or boxing champion to maintain his position as an international boxing superstar in the world.
|Floyd Mayweather on the left and Manny Pacquiao on the right|
Aside from being a boxer, Pacman is a Philippine Senator. During the May 2016 elections, Manny Pacquiao gained a total of 16,050,546 votes from all over the Philippines that ranked him as seventh all in all. Senator will serve at least six years inside the House of Senate from June 30, 2016, to June 30, 2022. Since he is already 37 years old, Manny Pacquiao will end his term at the age of 43. After his term as a senator, he is already retired during that time and will probably resume his political career in the Philippines. Pacman is also the only senator serving a certain country in the world who is a boxing superstar.
One interesting thing during the match was when his rival foe, Floyd Mayweather was seated along the ringside with his daughter to watch the match. Floyd Mayweather's appearance during the match made speculations by sports analysts that he may resume into boxing and will eventually settle another match with Manny Pacquiao. However, Floyd denies claims that he was just at the match to let his daughter watch his former opponent. Since Manny was supposed to be retiring after his last bout with Vargas, sports analysts are also speculating that he may also reconsider another match with Floyd Mayweather for the last time.
Follow our FB for more updates: PHILIPPINE TRENDS AND NEWS
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: THE TRENDING FACTS
Related Article: 7 Reasons why Boxing Superstar Manny Pacquiao should return to the Ring
Watch the video presentation
5 Reasons why Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather could set up a rematch
1. He just won against Jessie Vargas: The recent win of Manny Pacquiao against Jessie Vargas proved that he still has the power to maintain his position as the greatest boxer of all time. Jessie Vargas thought that age difference is an advantage, given that he is 10 younger than Manny Pacquiao. However, during the match, Jessie was unable to catch up with the very fast pace of his opponent, causing him difficulties to return punches due to the immense speed of Manny Pacquiao. The result was very disappointing for Jessie Vargas but a victory for Manny Pacquiao.
2. Maintains athleticism: Even if Manny Pacquiao is already 37, age is just a number because he can still fight and show to the world what he is still capable of. Many are already retiring at the age of 35, but Manny shows that he is still an opponent that other fighters should watch out for. Even though he is not as young as the new and emerging boxing athletes who wants to escalate their career to a whole new level, Manny Pacquiao is still a prized opponent that many athletes want to settle a match to improve their world rankings.
Related Article: Boxing Sports Superstar Manny Pacquiao is now a Philippine Senator
3. Even if he is serving as a Senator, the government, and the Filipino understands his situation: Manny Pacquiao is elected as the new Philippine senator, being sworn into office on the 30th of June of 2016. His term will end on June 30, 2022. But his passion for boxing is still very strong that he asked the Senate President's permission to arrange a match. Luckily, he was then granted, risking his position to face Jessie Vargas and eventually succeeded. During his end of term-of-office, he is already retired because he will be 43 at that time.
4. Floyd Mayweather is waiting for him: Although Floyd Mayweather already announced his retirement after his last fight, many analysts say that he is too young to decide for a retirement. He may still return if there are conditions and other factors that would provoke his decision in the future. When he appeared as one of the spectators from the recent bout between Manny Pacquiao and Jessie Vargas, speculations started to get stronger and stronger. Even if he denies about his return to the ring, many as still hoping that there will soon come a time that a rematch will push through between the two legends.
5. This is the last chance for Manny Pacquiao: Although his win against Jessie Vargas proved that he still can return to the ring, this is probably one of his last bouts as a legend. Manny Pacquiao is already getting older, and this is the only time that he could show the last of his specialty as the current superstar in the history of boxing sports. Until he is still athletic and able to perform a highly professional skill, he should be given the opportunity because this will be the last time for the current and young generation to witness his skills.
Related Article: Exploring the Mansion of boxing sports superstar Manny Pacquiao
If you will be asked the same question, will you still allow Manny Pacquiao to make a rematch with Floyd Mayweather?