The 65th edition of Miss Universe beauty pageant is expected to be held on January 30, 2017, as announced officially by Miss Universe 2015 Pia Qurtzbach, which is the official ambassadress of Miss Universe Organization and IMG company. Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach will crown her successor who will be the next ambassadress for the whole year until a new queen will be crowned on the 66th edition of the pageant. Pageant fanatics are now excited to participate as an audience as well as a follower to some candidates who will try to capture their heart when they arrive in the Philippines.
One interesting fact about the pageant is the participation of former Miss Universe winners from the past years. These past winners are expected to spice up the annual international competition by inspiring the delegates from around the world competing for the title. Past beauty queen titleholders have had unforgettable memories when they came to the Philippines because some of them met their love of their lives. To rekindle the past, past edition winners of Miss Universe beauty pageants are also excited to return back to the Philippines where they made a significant impact in their lives that touched the hearts of beauty pageant supporters and patrons of their beauties.
|Miss Universe winners, Armi Kuusela in 1952, Dayanara Torres in 1993, Sushmita Sen in 1994, Olivia Culpo in 2012, and Gabriela Isler in 2013|
The upcoming edition of Miss Universe wants to target participants to at least more than 100 delegates, hoping to make a history for the annual international beauty pageant. As of November, there are 77 delegates who already confirmed their participation to the 65th edition of Miss Universe beauty pageant. With less than 2 months before the pageant will have a kick-off, Miss Universe Organization hopes that there will be more countries who will pledge their participation so that the 65th edition of the beauty pageant will reach more than 100 delegates. Sierra Leone is the only country who made a debut to the pageant.
Pia Wurtzbach's dream came true upon hoping that she will crown her successor in the Philippines. Her dream became a reality when the newly appointed Secretary of Tourism Wanda Teo wanted to impress the president and the country by hosting Miss Universe beauty pageant. The Miss Universe Organization and IME visited the Philippines together with Pia Wurtzbach to meet with President Rodrigo Duterte. The delegates, MUO executives and national directors of pageants will have the chance to visit Manila, Davao, Baguio, Vigan, Cebu, Iloilo, Bohol, and other parts of the Philippines in January.
*Read Related Article: 10 interesting facts why Pia Wurtzbach won Miss Universe 2015
Follow us on Facebook for more updates: PAGEANTS AND NEWS
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: THE TRENDING FACTS
Watch how Pia Wurtzbach won Miss Universe 2015
Past Miss Universe winners who will travel to the Philippines
1. Armi Kuusela: Coming back to the Philippines is no other than Armi Kuusela that hails from Finland. She is the first woman to win Miss Universe beauty pageant that was held in Long Beach, California. Armi represented her country, Finland in Miss Universe 1952. She was married to a Filipino businessman Virgilio Hilario and has five children; namely, Arne Hilario, Anna-Lisa De Gari, Jussi Hilario, Eva-Maria Hess, and Mikko Hilario.
*Read Related Article: 7 Interesting facts on the worth of 7 international Grand Slam Beauty Pageant luxurious crowns
2. Dayanara Torres: A former foreign actress in the Philippines, Dayanara Torres is one of the most anticipated beauty queens who is very excited to be back in the country to grace the 65th edition of Miss Universe. Dayanara is expected to fly back to the Philippines this January and hopes to travel with the delegates across the tropical islands of the country. Dayanara Torres was once the love interest of actor Aga Muhlach who is now happily married to Charlene Gonzalez who was the Philippines' representative in Miss Universe 1994 that was beaten by Sushmita Sen.
5. Sushmita Sen: Coming from Bollywood, Sushmita cannot forget the Philippines and is now excited to come back for the 65th edition of Miss Universe. She is the first woman from India to win Miss Universe in 1994, making it a historical win for her country and a memorable moment in the Philippines. Traveling back to the Philippines will reminisce her historical win that changed her life forever and can't wait to be in the place where it started all her dreams to materialize.
4. Olivia Culpo: This woman recently won her country's 8th Miss Universe crown in 2012, disappointing fans from the Philippines when Janine Tugonon landed as the first runner-up. Olivia Culpo is also set to travel to the Philippines, if her schedule permits her on January 2017. This will be the first time for Olivia to fly all the way to the Philippines to meet local Filipino fans who are one of the most cheerful supporters of Miss Universe.
5. Gabriela Isler: In 2014, Gabriela visited the Philippines as part of her mission to provide humanitarian support fo the victims of Supertyphoon Haiyan or locally known as Yolanda. During the coronation night of Binibining Pilipinas (Miss Philippines) 2014, Gabriela was invited as one of the judges and crowned Mary Jean Lastimosa as the representative of the Philippines in Miss Universe 2014. Gabriela Isler will be coming back to the Philippines this January to grace the 65th edition of Miss Universe.
*Read Related Article: Miss Supranational 2016 beauty pageant top 20 predictions and favorites
|Filipina Miss Universe winners are Gloria Diaz in 1969, Margarita Moran in 1973, and Pia Wurtzbach in 2015|
Filipinas who won Miss Universe
1. Gloria Diaz: She is the first woman from the Philippines to win Miss Universe in 1969. After winning the title, she became an instant celebrity and turned as an actress in the Philippine entertainment industry. Gloria Diaz will be also visible during the course of Miss Universe beauty pageant that will kick-off on January.
2. Margarita Moran: In 1973, she won Miss Universe, making it the second woman to win the most prestigious beauty pageant in Greece. Margie is happy that the country will host Miss Universe for the third time where she will also participate gracing the event on January.
3. Pia Wurtzbach: As the reigning Miss Universe who just won the crown in December, Pia Wurtzbach is excited to crown her successor on January 30, 2017. Pia is the third woman from the Philippines to win Miss Universe. On January, Pia will pack up her belongings from her New York apartment, which will be occupied by the next winner on January.
*Read Related Article: Interesting transformation of Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina